Cal Coastal SBDC and the City of Seaside present: Tips for Attracting and Retaining the Right Workers.
Join via zoom OR the watch party at the Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce office
Facilitator- Cindy Merzon
- Chris Donnelly – Director Monterey County Workforce Development Board (MCWDB) - brief overview of the Monterey County workforce and current labor shortage (short presentation)
- Laura Kershner – Business Services, MCWDB – how the MCWDB can assist businesses with HR Support (prescreening job applicants, assist with job descriptions and job posting on CALJOBS); Career Fairs/Customized Recruiting; On-the-Job Training; Incumbent Worker Training; Labor Market Information and Rapid Response Services due to anticipated/scheduled layoffs, business closures and natural/other disasters. (short presentation)
- Leslie Cruz – SBDC HR Consultant – tips and tricks to help with successful recruiting, hiring and worker retention (response to facilitated Q&A)
- Paul Weyant (invited) – Owner, Express Employment Professionals – short and long-term services provided by employment agencies (short presentation)
- CA Employers Association (invited) - tips and tricks to help with successful recruiting, hiring and worker retention (response to facilitated Q&A)
Thanks to the Monterey County Business Council, Monterey County Workforce Development Board, Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce and the Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce for their promotional assistance.