The event is hosted by the USPTO and sponsored by Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) and American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
No CLE credit is offered for attendance.
This event features:
- Welcome remarks from Karen Young, Director of Technology Center 2900
- An update on international policy developments from Courtney Stopp of the USPTO’s Office of Policy and International Affairs
- Comments from Kathi Vidal, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO
- Information about how design patent infringement litigations work from Chris Carani, McAndrews, Held & Malloy Ltd. and Elizabeth Ferrill, Finnegan LLP
- Information about patent, trademark, and copyright protection systems from Damian Porcari, Director, Midwest Regional USPTO Office
- Case law summarizing the most important design patent decisions over the past year from the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the district courts, and the PTAB from Brendan O’Dea, Womble Bond Dickinson, and Rebekah Holtz, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox.
Anyone who would like more information about attending this event should email DesignDay@uspto.gov.
*USPTO employees who are attending virtually, please reference the internal email.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information listed above.