Consider these facts:
- Each semester (spring, fall, and summer), teams of graduating seniors from the CSUMB College of Business consult with regional for-profits companies and nonprofit organizations for their Senior Capstone Projects.
- A team of students dedicates the full semester to analyzing your firm’s operations and strategies —at no cost to you but the time you invest.
- You interview the students and decide if the team is the right match for your firm.
- You maintain confidentiality of information—nothing is disclosed without your approval.
What does your firm receive?
- A written strategic analysis of your firm’s operations, with infographic summaries and supporting documentation detailing the
- external environment of the industry, the market, and the competition,
- internal environment of your firm and its business and corporate strategies, and
- value proposition that will help your firm achieve a more competitive business model and sustainable strategic advantage.
- A set of professional-quality PowerPoint slides summarizing the findings in the report—slides you can use for many other purposes.
- An invitation to the end-of-semester Capstone Festival, where the team presents its findings to you, as well as to fellow students, faculty, administrators, and family members.
What is required of your firm?
- Commit approximately ten hours (total) of management’s time over the semester to meetings and responding to team questions.
- Provide any available documentation (print and/or electronic) that will help the team better understand the business and operations of your firm.
To explore this opportunity and learn more . . .CONTACT
- Calvin Carr, Lecturer, Strategic Management,College of Business College of Business, email@example.com
- Joel Ryman, Associate Professor, Strategic Management, College of Business, firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous clients include such firms as Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce; Monterey County Convention & Visitor’s Bureau; Morton and Bassett Spices; Monterey Branch, C. H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.; Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa; Rabobank, NA; The Ginger People; Monterey Bay Aquarium; and many more.