Have you considered how intellectual property (IP) can add value to your business and what types of IP you may already have? The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), in collaboration with the Arizona Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network, will provide a brief overview of the four major types of IP and discuss why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider them in their business plan.
- Overview of intellectual property types: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets
- An introduction to the new IP Identifier tool
- Why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider protecting their IP
- Understanding the risks of early disclosure
- Resources and assistance available through the USPTO
For more information, please email SiliconValley@uspto.gov
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information listed above.