After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concept of credit reporting and the impact of credit reports on the operation or growth of a small business.
- Identify the credit reports and other reporting systems commonly used to assess the risk of extending credit to a small business.
- Explain how credit reports work.
- Identify the benefits a small business derives from a positive record of managing its debts and obligations.
- Identify risks to a business from credit-related scams or frauds and take steps to avoid or mitigate harm caused by them.
- Identify the common business practices and products, tools, and services that are available for a small business to help in proper credit reporting.
- Identify strategies for building or improving business credit.
- Explain how the personal finances of a business owner impact the ability of a business to get credit.
This workshop is co-sponsored by the Salinas Valley Chamber and is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration and the CA Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Please contact Erika at (831) 676-2017 or email email@example.com.